Finance and investors
Clarion Housing Group’s combined scale and strength delivers a number of benefits:
- Increased capacity – we can increase our home building programme to 50,000 over the next decade while maintaining a strong credit profile.
- Efficiency – we can realise economies of scale, building on a successful track record.
- Resilience to risk – we are better able to manage adverse trading conditions and absorb market shocks
- Increased influence – our scale delivers scope to influence government policy for the benefit of our customers, our organisation and sector as a whole.
Our business plan has strong growth ambitions, which will be managed through a prudent framework for planning and decision making, provided through a set of agreed “Financial Golden Rules”. These are designed to recognise business risks and govern our operating margins, net debt/turnover, sales as a percentage of turnover and social housing interest cover.
The business plan is also regularly stress-tested, both on single variant scenarios as well as more intense ‘multi-variant’ scenarios.
Clarion Housing Group seeks to maintain diversification in its funding sources with the majority coming from bilateral loans from banks and building societies and the remainder from the capital markets.
Maintaining our strong financial position is one of our core objectives, without this we would not be able to achieve our ambitions of:
- Building 50,000 new homes in the 10 years from 2019
- Supporting 4,000 people into work annually
- Helping 15,000 young people to get a better start in life