Clarion Housing Group formed in 2016, following the merger between two of the country’s largest housing association's, Affinity Sutton and Circle Housing Group. With over 125,000 homes we will use our strength and scale to create opportunities that change peoples’ lives.
We believe in the highest standards of corporate governance and are looking for new resident members for the Board of the new Housing Association. An understanding of the social housing sector would be an advantage but of primary importance is the ability to lead change in a large scale organisation and analyse complex financial and stakeholder risks.
You will need to share the aims and values of the Clarion Group and be willing to give a commitment of both time and energy. The role will include attendance at Group events and training. The post is likely to require a commitment in the region of two to three days a month.
If you are interested in becoming a Resident Board Member, please complete the application pack using the icon below by 11 August 2017 and return to Alison Westbrook by email Alison.Westbrook@clarionhg.com.
Summary of Conditions of Service
- Post: Non-Executive Board Member
- Location: Based in London
- Salary: £10,000. Expenses and allowances will be paid in accordance with the Clarion Group’s policies from time to time in force
- Hours: Approximately 3 days a month. You will be required to attend: Approximately 5 Board Meetings per annum Attend training and Board Away Days Undertake other non-executive tasks for the Group.
- Term For an initial term of three 3 years (or a lesser term as may be agreed between the parties).
- Key purpose: To share responsibility for the overall governance of Clarion Housing Group.
- Responsible to: The Group Board is the main Board of Clarion Housing Group, and the Housing Associations’ Board is a subsidiary of the Group Board.
Clarion – what we do for you
Clarion Housing Group is committed to supporting its board and committee members and helping them to develop their skills and knowledge base. We offer all our board and committee members:
- individual training programmes
- comprehensive internal training programme
- opportunities to attend external courses and conferences
- team and organisation away-days and conferences
- annual performance appraisal (for boards, committees and individual members