Creating sustainable communities
Our Sustainable Development Roadmap highlights how we’re embedding sustainability across our operations.
It charts how we intend all our new homes to be fossil fuel free and are ensuring high standards of energy efficiency in any new home we complete by 2025. This will be a major step along the road to Clarion becoming a zero carbon organisation by 2050.
We’ve already scrapped fossil fuel heating systems from our designs for future homes and developments.
Making our new homes zero carbon will reduce emissions and slash energy bills.
We’re also reducing our impact on the environment by designing new developments to result in biodiversity net gains.
And we aim to create walkable communities where shops and other amenities are within a 15-minute walk of where people live.
Building Sustainable Communities
Clarion’s first Sustainable Development Roadmap, which sets out our goals and ambitions up until 2025.
Our 2025 targets
of our new homes will be fossil fuel free and have high standards of energy efficiency
of all materials we use will be responsibly sourced
reduction in operational carbon emissions from our new homes (compared to 2013 standards)
Our approach to sustainable development is underpinned by the importance we place on:
- Social value - not only providing homes, but also building inclusive communities and delivering economic growth through jobs and apprenticeships.
- Healthy places - putting the health and wellbeing of our residents first, creating healthy spaces for all. We aim to create walkable communities where cars are no longer needed.
- Adaptable and resilient - delivering safe and secure homes designed to mitigate against the impacts of climate change.
- Planet friendly - promoting greater biodiversity by creating places for people and nature to thrive in, using products from sustainable, ethical and responsible sources.
- Energy and carbon - moving to deliver homes that are net zero carbon and reduce our carbon footprint.
Use this interactive map to explore our homes, new developments, and regeneration schemes across the country.
- Clarion Housing Group provides homes for 350,000 people
- We have a presence in 170 local authorities in England
Use this map to discover where we’re delivering affordable housing and improving the lives of people and their communities across the country.
Just click and drag to the part of the map you want to look at. Then zoom in and click the icons for details of our homes, community centres, developments and regeneration programmes.
“From the design and construction of our new homes, through the products we specify, to the way we communicate with our customers. If it is unsustainable, it’s out.”