Every year, we ask 2,000 of our residents for 20 minutes of their time to tell us about themselves, their lives and their experiences. We publish the results of this survey as The Index, and the findings inform every area of our business, allowing us to target resources, measure the impact of different programmes of work and tailor our communications.
The survey questions cover a broad range of topics including communities, wellbeing, using the internet, household finances, energy and building new homes.
Here are a few key findings taken from the full report which can be found below:
- 84% of our residents agree their neighbourhood is a good place to live
- 87% feel in control of what happens in their life
- 78% regularly talk to their neighbours
- Only 5% of all our residents are unemployed (seeking work); we house many people who are in paid work (42%), retired (21%), disabled (17%), looking after the home (6%) or are carers (6%)
- Three quarters of residents access the internet
- 7% of our residents have had to use a food bank in the last year. 13% have gone without food because they couldn't afford it.
- 67% think it's important for us to keep building more homes